Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brothers & Sister Star Luke Macfarlane Come Out


Guess the closet got too cramped for Macfarlane, who was rumored to be dating “Prison Break” Wentworth Miller because he came out today in an interview with a Canadian newspaper.

Macfarlane, who plays a gay character in the popular series, has been the subject of months of speculation in Weblogs. He chose to come now because his character, Scotty Wandell, exchanges vows with his lover Kevin Walker in next month's season finale.

He states "From a standing outside perspective, and also as someone who is gay, I think that it's a very exciting time. How exciting that we're saying, 'This can be part of the cultural fabric, now,' because it is two series regulars, two people that you invite into your home and you see every week. It's telling of the beginning of more waves and I'm very proud of that."

"I don't know what will happen professionally ... that is the fear, but I guess I can't really be concerned about what will happen, because it's my truth," he told the Globe and Mail.
Macfarlane was asked by The Globe and Mail if he currently has a boyfriend but declined to answer.


No comments: