Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tyler McCormick Wins International Mr Leather and Makes History

Tyler McCormic won IML 2010 Mr Leather and makes history in the process by being the first transgender man to win. A female-to-male transgender man who uses a wheelchair, McCormick, who was Mr. Rio Grande of New Mexico, beat 50 other contestants for the title.

"When I first transitioned, I was told I would never be accepted and that I would never be able to take my shirt off in public," he said during the speaking round of the competition. "Standing here as a strong, confident leatherman is proof to the contrary."

"There's a reason I go by 'Leather Gimp,'" he said in a post-win interview. "You're not going to offend me if you use words that are in your heart, but if you're trying to be [politically correct], then lighten up a little."

First runner up is Lance Holman, Mr San Francisco and Second runner up Jack Andrew Duke, Mr Texas Leather.

No comments: