Friday, June 25, 2010

Possible Biopic for Joey Stefano?

There have been rumblings about projects to document the life of Joey Stefano before, but nothing has come to fruition. Writer and actor Chad Darnell has been contacting Joey's old associates, such as Chris Green, Sharon Kane, Chi Chi LaRue, and Mickey Skee, to get an idea about the 'real' Joey Stefano.

Darnell has indicated that his biopic won’t be all about everyone doing drugs all the time, because that wasn’t what Stefano was about, even though his death in 1994, at the age of 26, was attributed to a drug overdose. I'm not sure what type of project Darnell is envisioning, as I can't see such a flick playing at a multiplex in Podunk. As a small art film, I would certainly be interested. We'll keep you up to date on this if more info arises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was friends with Nicky for most of his time in West Hollywood. Trust me, it was drugs most of the time.

Chad Darnell said...

Hi! I just happened to find your site!

Not sure who you have talked to, but I'm still in the process of interviews and plotting. I have in fact said, "it won't be about everyone doing drugs all the time," in reference to some of the interviews I've had.

But I'm open to meeting anyone who knew him and had a story.

Really excited about the project. I'm in Vegas right now to interview one of the "players."

Hoping to be shooting by the end of the year, but another project of mine will shoot first.